- See also: test.wikipedia.org and test.wikidata.org
Welcome to test2.wikipedia.org!
What is the purpose of Test2?
In the beginning, test.wikipedia.org ran code directly from NFS, bypassing scap. So it functioned as a staging wiki, allowing you to test changes before deployment. Test2 was created to be a sandbox wiki which wasn't quite so special and slow.
Eventually NFS was decommissioned, and test.wikipedia.org ran the same code as all the other wikis. Subsequently, Test2 was used for testing cross-wiki features in conjunction with test.wikipedia.org and test.wikidata.org.
Although you're more than welcome to test other things on the Test2 wiki as well, you may wish to concentrate general testing efforts on test.wikipedia.org instead, to help keep everything in one place.
Some guidelines about test2
- You can edit whatever you want (except this page!) but don't expect anything to be kept.
- This wiki is not your personal free web host and not a place to advertise.
- To browse this wiki, see the list of all pages on this wiki.
- For more info on what testwiki is for (and isn't for) check the main test.wikipedia.org.
- Please report any bugs: phabricator.wikimedia.org.
- There are currently 1,492 articles.
- This is not a place to play with admin tools. If you are looking for that, see testwiki:wp:Requests/Tools.
Currently being tested on test2.wikipedia.org:
- MediaWiki version:
- Deployment roadmap for other wikis
- Wiki view: test2wiki compared to testwiki on noc.wikimedia.org